Re: save a plot to PDF?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: save a plot to PDF?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:54:59 -0400

On Sep 29, 2005, at 1:49 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 29-Sep-2005, Jake wrote:

| I've done a lot of googling and have looked at several Octave wikis,
| but haven't found anything on saving a plot as a PDF. I was surprised | to see several fairly obscure formats (well, obscure in the context of
| Octave) supported, but nothing for PDF.
|
| Anyone know how to save an Octave plot as a PDF?

Save as postscript and use epstopdf?

Use

  __gnuplot_set__ term pdf
  __gnuplot_set__ output "foo.pdf"
  replot

I'm assuming you are using a recent version of Octave and have a
version of gnuplot that has the pdf driver included.

Maybe we should add a -dpdf option to print?

Please try the following patch.  print() doesn't work for me on
this box so I couldn't try it myself.

Paul Kienzle <address@hidden>
        * plot/print.m: Add support for PDF output.