Re: Funding - Specifically identifying allocations

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Funding - Specifically identifying allocations
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:26:42 -0400 (EDT)

I personally think that any bounty system like this should provide half (or some fraction, but I think that half is probably fair) of the money to go to John (or the UW foundation at his preference). The reason for this is that since Octave wouldn't be there without him, I think that he should see more of the benefit (than the apparently 1% that is now funded).

With that condition, I like the idea of feature bounties, though. I know that as a relatively poor grad student, I'd be more likely to code things of general interest with a bounty than things that just do what I want to do.

Bill