Re: speed of octave interpreter

From: J LOVE
Subject: Re: speed of octave interpreter
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:57:41 -0700

Well, what a difference a day makes.  Octave-2.1.71 is indeed faster
on a smaller problem.  Serves me right for breaking the first rule of
posting which is to check the problem out on the latest version.

        version cputime()
        2.1.71      70 CPUs
        2.1.50    610 CPUs
        2.1.40    186 CPUs

And apparently there is a new tk_octave (0.3.4) so there now there
is nothing stopping me from updating.