Getting timestamps

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: Getting timestamps
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:04:13 -0400

Hi

I usually analyze my experimental data using octave. For some kind of
analysis, it is preferable that the timestamp on the completion of experiment
(indicated roughly by the time stamp of the creation of the data file) be
included in the plots for a qualitative (not necessarily precise)
understanding of the time evolution of the experimental conditions.

Is there a way to read in the time stamp on any file while reading it in ?

Thanks.