Re: Determining if samples are normal

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Determining if samples are normal
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:51:00 -0700

Right!

checked empirically using x=rand(1,1000) and hist(x)
it's there all right.

Didn't make sense at first then I remembered
.5 + .5 done four different ways only reinforces the
average, but...

+0 +1
+0 0
1 0
or,
1 1

rarely enhances the edges but definitely moves the
weighting towards the average.

Learn something everyday.

So what is the PDF if the two are multiplied?

              - Robert -