Re: pslatex terminal output--Problem identified.

From: Pete Gustafson
Subject: Re: pslatex terminal output--Problem identified.
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all for the many suggestions.  I've figured
out the problem at least, and am now getting good
plots.

>It seems to work properly for me, using the following
>commands in
>Octave 2.1.69:
>
>  x = -10:0.1:10;
>  plot (x, sin(x))
>  gset term pslatex
>  gset output "foo.tex"
>  replot
>  set term x11
>  gset output "/dev/null"

The problem was when I called print() prior to
executing the pslatex calls.  The following will
reproduce the problem.

x = -10:0.1:10;
  plot (x, sin(x))
  print('foo.eps','-depsc2')
  gset term pslatex
  gset output "foo.tex"
  replot
  gset term x11
  gset output "/dev/null"

If I skip the print call, the plots in pslatex are
fine.

>What version of Octave are you using?  What OS?
>Precisely what
>commands did you use to generate the plot?  etc. etc.

I'm using octave 2.1.71 with octave-forge-2005.06.13
on up to date gentoo linux.

>If you think you've found a bug in Octave, please
>submit a complete
>bug report to the address@hidden list.  If you're not
>sure what to
>include in your report so that someone might be able
>to fix the
>problem, then please read
>http://www.octave.org/bugs.html before
>submitting your report.

This seems like a bug to me, so I'll submit a bug
report.

Thanks again for all your help!

Pete

http://mail.yahoo.com