pslatex terminal output

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: pslatex terminal output
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:59:37 -0400

On 20-Sep-2005, Pete Gustafson wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I have the following code in an m file.
|
| gset term pslatex
| gset output "finalresults.tex"
| replot
| gset term X11
| gset output "/dev/null"
|

| Unfortunately, when latex reads this file, the plot
| window, axis, and data only occupies 1/4 of the space
| they should.  (Quadrant III if the origin is at the
| center of the intended plot area.)  All other objects
| (axis labels, legend labels) end up where they should,
| ie are much larger than the plot window.
|
| Everything works fine when I take the data outside of
| octave and plot it using gnuplot.  Any ideas on why
| this might be happening?

It seems to work properly for me, using the following commands in
Octave 2.1.69:

  x = -10:0.1:10;
  plot (x, sin(x))
  gset term pslatex
  gset output "foo.tex"
  replot
  set term x11
  gset output "/dev/null"

What version of Octave are you using?  What OS?  Precisely what
commands did you use to generate the plot?  etc. etc.

If you think you've found a bug in Octave, please submit a complete
bug report to the address@hidden list.  If you're not sure what to
include in your report so that someone might be able to fix the
problem, then please read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html before
submitting your report.

| As a secondary question, how do I get pslatex output
| using the print() command?  It doesn't seem to be an
| option.  I need pslatex in order to have mathematical
| symbols in the legend and axis labels.

Someone will need to submit a patch that adds support for (e)pslatex
output.

jwe