Re: pslatex terminal output

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: pslatex terminal output
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:49:05 -0700

Quentin Spencer wrote:
Pete Gustafson wrote:

As a secondary question, how do I get pslatex output
using the print() command?  It doesn't seem to be an
option.  I need pslatex in order to have mathematical
symbols in the legend and axis labels.

My preferred way of doing this is to use fig output and then convert the xfig file to eps using fig2ps (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fig2ps/). This is a really nice perl script that converts to PS/PDF using LaTeX to do the typesetting on all of the text, so you can put any equation you want in the figure. It's available in Debian, and I'm in the process of trying to get it into Fedora Extras.

Quentin

I would like to use the fig terminal and use fig2ps (actually I suggested it on this list awhile ago), but there are no default circle or filled symbols for data plots. I recently discovered it is possible to get them using advanced gnuplot commands, but that is cumbersome to use on a regular basis. Do you have a good resolution for this issue?

Thanks,
Jonathan