Re: fedoar core 4 and octave

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: fedoar core 4 and octave
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:47:27 -0500

Shai Ayal wrote:

Hi all,

I seem to recall there was some problem installing octave on FC4 (maybe because of gcc 4 ?). Can someone fill me in?

No problems at all--"yum install octave" should do everything for you. There were some recent threads on installing a version of octave that was compiled for Fedora Core 3 on Red Hat Enterprise Workstation. It turns out it worked, but involved updating a lot of things, including the C libraries--and there was the problem of the user having two octaves installed at the same time (one from source, one from the binary package). I've been using octave on FC4 since shortly after FC4 was released with no problems.

-Quentin