Re: num2cell

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: num2cell
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 05:58:18 +0200

Søren Hauberg a écrit :

After John's mail I've tried num2cell.cc and it works just fine for my uses, but it has some oddities (is that a word?). I don't have access to matlab (nor do I want it) so I don't know what the "correct" behaviour is, but

num2cell("hello")

gives me a 1x5 cell of empty matrices ([]'s), which doesn't seem right.

I'd say thats a bug. I'll fix it..

Also if num2cell is called with a struct as argument, the answer will be a cell containing an empty matrix.

Didn't implement that case at all. What does matlab do in that case? I suspect the char case is related to this as the charMatrix case isn't being called and only the cell array is being constructed and not filled. This should probably generate an error message, unless I can figure out a way to do an index on an octave_value. Unfortunately the octave_value class doesn't have an index function, so thats not that easy..

Cheers
David

I hope I'll be able to find some time this week to have a look at the code...

Thanks,
Søren