Re: two questions -- one remaining

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: two questions -- one remaining
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:41:49 -0700

I don't have an explanation but I tried your script as is and got nothing
i.e. no plots nor any errors. Then I replaced the first figure statement
with gset term aqua and "all hell broke loose". I've repeated it twice with
same results.
There is however no invalid character character at line 2:
octave:7>   fprintf('\nMINE MANAGEMENT MODEL\n')
MINE MANAGEMENT MODEL
Therefore the error must be elsewhere. I would proceed line by line to find
the error.
Henry
%  figure(1);       % line 42
gset term aqua 1    % new line 43
octave:7> mine
error: invalid character `\r' (ASCII 13) near line 2, column 18
parse error near line 2 of file /Users/hfm/Documents/CandO/mine.m

  xlabel('Stock'); ylabel('Extraction');
                    ^

parse error near line 2 of file /Users/hfm/Documents/CandO/mine.m

  syntax error

  xlabel('Stock'); ylabel('Extraction');
                                     ^

error: invalid character `\r' (ASCII 13) near line 2, column 36
parse error near line 2 of file /Users/hfm/Documents/CandO/mine.m

  xlabel('Stock'); ylabel('Extraction');
                                      ^

error: invalid character `\r' (ASCII 13) near line 2, column 71
parse error near line 2 of file /Users/hfm/Documents/CandO/mine.m

  xlabel('Stock'); ylabel('Extraction');
                                                                         ^

error: invalid character `\r' (ASCII 13) near line 2, column 107
parse error near line 2 of file /Users/hfm/Documents/CandO/mine.m

  xlabel('Stock'); ylabel('Extraction');

^

error: invalid character `\r' (ASCII 13) near line 2, column 109
parse error near line 2 of file /Users/hfm/Documents/CandO/mine.m

  xlabel('Stock'); ylabel('Extraction');

^

error: invalid character `\r' (ASCII 13) near line 2, column 110