Re: Newbie Problem

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Newbie Problem
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:31:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Matt Wozniak wrote:

Hey, I installed a windows executable distribution of octave. Version 2.1.5. I have boxes around all my letters when I type. How do I stop them? Please email address@hidden if you have a suggestion. Yes, I am a newbie =D.

I think you should use the new Octave and Octave-Forge with Cygwin. They are up to 2.1.71 and it works really well, in my experience. Here is an announcement:

To install, go here and start the cygwin installation:

http://cygwin.com/

Then see John Eaton's instruction here:

I hope you like it.

Mike