Re: difficulty installing running Octave from CYGWIN

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: difficulty installing running Octave from CYGWIN
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:20:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Bob Green wrote:

I tried startxwin.sh as well as startx (as recommended in your e-mail to Andy Yip) & receive the same message -

bash: startxwin.sh: command not found

I am wondering whether I have CYGWIN installed properly.

It sounds like you don't have X11 installed.

I installed the entire Cygwin package (550 MB download, 2.3 GB installed) and that gave me everything - Octave, X, etc. It all works. To install all of Cygwin, click the top line where it says "default", wait a second and it should turn all "default"s to "install," then continue the installation and it will install the works. I assume you are using the installer available here:

http://www.cygwin.com/

Mike