Re: Wave File from F drive

From: Avraham Rosenberg
Subject: Re: Wave File from F drive
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:49:43 +0300

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 11:47:31AM -0500, cesarrodriguez.paginasamarillas.com
wrote:

> From CYGWIN, how can I read a wave file from F drive ?
>

> Thanks for all
> CESAR AUGUSTO RODRIGUEZ SUAREZ

Hi CESAR,
I'll give you the unix/linux way. I guess there should be a
windows way as well, which you can get from people more
knowledegeable in windows than me.
First you have to know how drive F: is call in CYGWIN-ese.
At the command prompt, issue the command
mount
The answer should contain something like /cygdrive/f or
/mnt/cygdrive/f (I do npt recall exctly and I am in linux now, so
I cannot check). This is your drive F:.
As I don't recall the exact answer, I shall call that X.
Substitute the name you got from your computer.
ls X
will let you see all the subdirectories and files directly under
F:. If your file, let us call it y, is there, you copy it to your
directory with
cp X/y .
If you wish to copy it somewhere else, give the destination address
insted of the dot, which is shorthand for the directory in which you are.
If y is not directly under F:, but in some subdirectory, you can
find its location with the command
find X/ | grep y
The output will give you the exact address of y (and maybe of
some other files the names of which contain the name of y as a
substring).
Again, substitute the real names for X and y.
Note the forward slash following X ("X/). It won't work without
it.
Good luck, Avraham