Re: rpm dependencies unsolvable

From: Shan G. Smith
Subject: Re: rpm dependencies unsolvable
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:22:28 -0700

Wouldn't it be easier to use rpath during configure so that the config file isn't required?

On 9/1/05, Quentin Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:
Mukesh wrote:

> thanx quentin for ur detailed explaination..
> it seems i solved all other dependencies for octave (atleast)..
> i created the directory /etc/ld.so.conf.d but still not success..
> plz help!!

Well, I thought creating the directory would work--this error exceeds my
knowledge of how RPM works. If this is the only remaining unsatisfied
dependency, I would ignore it by installing with "rpm -ivhf --nodeps".
It's ugly, but it should install it for you. You should then be able to
copy the contents of the file that the RPM installs there as I described
before.

--Quentin