Re: Graphics

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Graphics
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:01:01 -0700

Octaviz is NOT dormant! Activity has slowed, but should increase again soon. Several function additions have been made in CVS over the last few months. When VTK finally releases a new version (September?), Octaviz will release a new version as well.

BTW, a help mailing list has been recently created just for Octaviz:

Jonathan

Duane Malcolm wrote:
Hi all,

I maintain the science section for the Sourcemage linux distribution, which includes octave. I was wanting to have a nice octave suite. So far I have octave (with gnuplot), octave-forge and octaviz. Octave and octave-forge are great but octaviz seems a bit dormant. I tried knewplot, which was great for viewing 3d plots with the ability to spin it. I was going to add knewplot but am weary of adding inactive or incomplete projects.

So my question is can you suggest stable addon packages that should be included with octave, particularly a 3d graphics package.

Regards, Duane Malcolm.