Re: CFD with Octave?

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: CFD with Octave?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:07:31 -0600

Marcus,

I know of no CFD library for octave. Since CFD is computationally intensive,
more stuff seems to be compiled in C or Fortran than written for an
interpreted language like octave or MATLAB.

One possible approach would be to look at the textbooks available and see if
one has a good collection of subroutines. Take a look, for example, at
http://www.cfd-online.com/Books/ and pick a book with good routines. With
mkoctfile and a wrapper, many routines could be used directly from octave.

The major advantage of octave over compiled languages is the speed of
trial-and-error experiments where different approaches can be quickly tried.
That could lead to a good "hands on" course in the basics of CFD.

Let us know what you find.

Joe

on 8/30/05 12:40 PM, Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte at address@hidden