Re: Integrating a function with many arguments over one varible.

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Integrating a function with many arguments over one varible.
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:09:42 -0700

Not sure if this helps but Octave-forge does have quadl.
Henry
octave:2> help quadl
quadl is the user-defined function from the file
/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/general/quadl.m

QUADL  Numerically evaluate integral using adaptive
  Lobatto rule.

  Q=QUADL('F',A,B) approximates the integral of
  F(X) from A to B to machine precision.  'F' is a
  string containing the name of the function. The
  function F must return a vector of output values if
  given a vector of input values.

  Q=QUADL('F',A,B,TOL) integrates to a relative
  error of TOL.

  Q=QUADL('F',A,B,TOL,TRACE) displays the left
  end point of the current interval, the interval
  length, and the partial integral.

  Q=QUADL('F',A,B,TOL,TRACE,P1,P2,...) allows
  coefficients P1, ... to be passed directly to the
  function F:  G=F(X,P1,P2,...). To use default values
  for TOL or TRACE, one may pass the empty matrix ([]).

W. Gander and W. Gautschi, Adaptive Quadrature - Revisited,
BIT Vol. 40, No. 1, March 2000, pp. 84--101.
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/gander/

on 8/26/05 4:14 AM, address@hidden at address@hidden