Integrating a function with many arguments over one varible.

From: mgarciad
Subject: Integrating a function with many arguments over one varible.
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:14:39 -0500

I need to find the integral of f(x, y1, ..., yn), over the variable x, between 2 limits. I read that quadl in Matlab can do it simply, you only have to add the values of the parameters y1, ..., yn at the end, when you use quadl. I tried to do the same with quad in Octave, but it did not work.

I can't define "by hand" a function g(x) so that g(x) = f(x, y1, ..., yn), and use quad with g(x), because in fact I need to find the values y1,...,yn that minimize such quadrature along x.

Can someone help me?

Thank you.