Re: Any CVS octave .deb packages?

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Any CVS octave .deb packages?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:33:20 -0400

  Hi ST,

I had never heard of "checkinstall", tried it and I'm very impressed.
Debian packaging has become ez!

  Thx a lot!

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 12:00:07AM +0800, LUK ShunTim wrote:
# Etienne Grossmann wrote:
# >   Hi All
# >
# > and thx for your help w/ my previous question. My new question is :
# > "Does anyone build (daily) .deb packages of CVS octave?" Since I
# > haven't practiced .deb packaging for years, and my typing ability is
# > limited (RSI), such a package would help me very much in my daily work
# > w/ Octave.
# >
# >   Cheers,
# >
# >   Etienne
# >
#
# Hello Etienne,
#
# As a matter of fact, I'm going to try this quick-and-dirty way.
# Install the package "checkinstall" and then issue "checkinstall make
# install" instead of "make install".
#
# Regards,
# ST