Smarter Sort

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Smarter Sort
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'm wanting to sort cell arrays of chars in a smart way. Essentially, I'd like to do something like:

A3B10
A3B9
A10
A1
A2

becomes

A1
A2
A3B9
A3B10
A10

so that it will sort the numeric portions intelligently. Does anyone have a routine that will do that or is there a built-in sort that I don't know of?

Thanks,

Bill

--
"We have just enough religion to make us hate but not enough to make us
love one another."