Re: working with swig

From: Jon H. Davis
Subject: Re: working with swig
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:10:46 -0400

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 14:27 -0400, Jon H. Davis wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 13:20 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> > On 21-Aug-2005, jon wrote:
> >
> > |     I've been attempting to embed both octave and python in a third
> > program
> > | using the swig interface generator.

        I'm down to issues with iostream and sstream as far as getting
a clean swig run goes.  Trying to chase that through, it appears that
these are a bit of a moving target: on my debian stable, I see

/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/fstream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/iostream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/istream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/ostream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/stream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.4/backward/fstream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.4/backward/iostream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.4/backward/istream.h
/usr/include/c++/3.4/backward/ostream.h

while the default gcc is 3.3.5. On debian testing and sid, the gcc
versions are 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 (today, anyhow) and there are even more
*steam.h candidates  under /usr/include. Does this all indicate that I
need the includes, octave version, and compiled swig output all from the
same release of g++? The octave headers use <iostream.h>, and the
meaning of that depends on the configure file for the gcc being used,
does it not?

        Jon