Re: Newbie questions...

From: Jun Ohta
Subject: Re: Newbie questions...
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:48:06 +0900

>>If your m-files are put in "c:\octave", you can use those functions after the
>>following
>>command.
>>
>>path( [':/cygdrive/c/octave//'] )

In my previous attempt, "edit" function didn't work for M-files in
directories beginning at "/cygdrive/c" as above. The following is my
suggestion.

When you examine the content of "DEFAULT_LOADPATH", you will find
directories followed by "//". When you execute functions, any
subdirectories of those directories will be examined for existence of
M-files by octave.

>> DEFAULT_LOADPATH
DEFAULT_LOADPATH = .:/opt/octave/libexec/octave/2.1.50/site/oct/i686-
pc-cygwin//:/opt/octave/libexec/octave/site/oct/i686-pc-cygwin//:/opt/
octave/share/octave/2.1.50/site/m//:/opt/octave/share/octave/site/m//:
/opt/octave/libexec/octave/2.1.50/oct/i686-pc-cygwin//:/opt/octave/
share/octave/2.1.50/m//

So, in this case, the following directory is a candidate for your M-
file directory.
C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.50\opt\octave\share\octave\2.1.50\m\
user

Jun

(2005/08/18 17:57)