Newbie questions...

From: Wdflannery
Subject: Newbie questions...
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:06:17 EDT

I'm using Octave 2.1.50 (installed with one click)....and am having the sort of problems one encounters with a new system.... I'm an experienced MATLAB user....and am now trying to get up to speed (about 5 mph) with Octave...

1...I can't get the edit function to work.... I found the DEFAULT_LOADPATH variable and some m-libraries, and can use Notepad to create an m-file function in one of these libraries and this works OK, Octave finds the function when I execute it, but edit(fun) ...where fun is the function name... generates a slew of errors.  So, how does one use edit ????? Where should one put m-files, etc.

2.  A simple plot has a Line1 and a red line in the upper right corner....can that be omitted ...

Thanks,
WDF