Re: Mkoctfile help

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile help
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:18:21 -0600

I suspect that this is the problem with the default gcc compiler.
The Xcode that comes with Tiger has as a default (broken) gcc4 compiler.
You can switch default to gcc 3.3:

sudo gcc_select 3.3

You can verify the version by doing:

gcc -v

Sincerely,

Dmitri.

Henry F. Mollet wrote:
This was recently discussed and I thought it was straight-forward as the
following worked on Mac running Tiger (OSX10.4). Alas what worked fine only
recently would not work today. I had deleted the files orgenoator.o and
oregonator.oct which had been created when I last practiced using mkoctfile
oregonator.cc and now I get a FATAL.
Henry

[~] -bash-2.05b 502$ cd /usr/local/share/octave/examples
[/usr/local/share/octave/examples] -bash-2.05b 503$ ls
hideoregonator.m        oregonator.cc
[/usr/local/share/octave/examples] -bash-2.05b 504$ mkoctfile oregonator.cc
/var/tmp//ccP3TYBa.s:unknown:FATAL:can't create output file: oregonator.o
[/usr/local/share/octave/examples] -bash-2.05b 505$

on 8/13/05 4:24 PM, address@hidden at address@hidden