Re: EOS installation problems

From: Olivier Lefevre
Subject: Re: EOS installation problems
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:19:32 +0200

Hi,

1) I know it's a PATH issue but, first, I am on Windows and mixing
   Cygwin (e.g., octave) and native Windows (e.g., emacs) executables
   in your PATH is a bad idea and, second, relying on PATH magic in
   startup scripts and config files is a bad idea all around, too.
   I will look again but with so many "octave" occurences in the *.el
   files I don't know if I will find the right one.

2) I entered exactly what I found in the manual, no more no less.
   So should I "require octave" or something like that before I
   attempt to create that binding?

3) OK. As with 1) it would be nice if there was a place where to
   specify the directory where you want such dumps to be deposited:
   I hate to have a mess of little files in my home dir but that's
   a detail, I can clean it up.

Thanks again,

-- O.L.