Re: EOS installation problems

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: EOS installation problems
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:45:27 +1000

Hello.

1) I think the place the octave executable is set is
inferior-octave-program, but it's just set to "octave" on mine, so I
guess that means it's looked for on the usual PATH.  Does, for example,

        M-x shell-command ENTER octave --version ENTER

work on your Emacs?

2) Emacs is case sensitive, so don't capitalize
octave-reindent-then-newline-and-indent.  But I'm not sure that's the
problem; maybe you haven't loaded the file octave-mod.el, which is where
octave-mode-map is defined?

3) The octave-core file is dumped by Octave when it exits in a hurry
after something's gone wrong, like Octave's been killed externally.  I
think it might be useful for debugging or recovering data lost in the
crash, but otherwise you can safely delete it.