Re: doubt in char

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: doubt in char
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:55:59 -0700

GNU Octave, version 2.1.71 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.1.0).
Using which char.m produces the one from octave-forge and help char.m does
not say it's a built-in function as Quention suggested in an earlier post?
Henry

octave:1> which char.m
which: `char.m' is the script file
/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/general/char.m

octave:2> help char.m
char.m is the file:
/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/general/char.m
usage: z = char(x)
   converts numbers into character-arrays
 it the inverse function of toascii
see also: TOASCII, SETSTR