RE: Installing Octave

From: Frank Palazzolo
Subject: RE: Installing Octave
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:04:16 -0400

David,

I did a mingw build back in January, and as I recall I had two types of
problems.  One was the readline problems you already cited.  The other was
that there were a few calls to fork(), which of course don't exist in mingw.

A few of the fork() calls were internal, in liboctave\mkdir.c, rename.c, and
rmdir.c, which I didn't quite understand.  Then there was the fact that
octave can be multithreaded through the use of fork.  This would either need
to be disabled to get a "single-threaded octave", or mapped to the native
windows multithreading calls.

Here is my old message, which isn't very informative...
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2005/msg00090.html

Sounds like you've gotten further than I did...good luck!

-Frank