Re: del key not working at prompt

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: del key not working at prompt
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:21:29 -0700

Przemek Klosowski wrote:
Looks like a problem with readline. Delete or rename your ~/.inputrc and see if the behavior changes; if that does not change anything, create a new ~/.inputrc with a line
       "\e[3~": delete-char

(even better, this line should be in /etc/inputrc)

Thanks, that line in ~/.inputrc fixed it for me. I tried editing /etc/inputrc first, but there was no change in behavior.

Jonathan