Re: cygwin & gnuplot

From: Marco Landwehr
Subject: Re: cygwin & gnuplot
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:59:42 +0200 (MEST)

> >I have problems plotting with octave in a cygwin environment. Gnuplot
> alone
> >is working fine, but when typing "sombrero(41);" in octave I get the
> error
> >"warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost". The archives dont tell
> >much about this problem, but to use a .octaverc file with the following
> >lines:
> >
> >putenv('TMPDIR','F:/Cygwin/tmp');
> >gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
> >     or
> >gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
> >
> >Both things did not work.
> >I use gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0 & GNU Octave, version 2.1.71
> >(i686-pc-cygwin).
>
> I tried to use the gnuplot distributed with cygwin.
> My .octaverc/octaverc file worked fine. I used an octaverc file with
> the following lines.
>
> gnuplot_binary = '/bin/gnuplot'
> putenv('TMPDIR','/tmp')
> gnuplot_has_multiplot = 1
>
> JWE's comments (around May 23 or 24, 2005) which include "startx first,
>  then run Octave from the xterm window that startx opens" helped me.

Thanks for the comments & help. Unfortunately this also does not help
sovling the problem. gnuplot alove works fine under cygwin, it opens new
windows upon plotting. But I still cannot plot from within octave. I read
also JWE's comments you mentioned but this does not be the problem either.

Is there a way to identify at which step the invocation of gnuplot from
within octave fails?

Thanks

marco

--
www.trollteq.de
LOST COLLECTING GAMES & more: Spellfire, DragonDice, BloodWars,