Re: changing the color of curves continuously

From: Julien.Tailleur
Subject: Re: changing the color of curves continuously
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:11:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:

Then please discuss this limitation with the gnuplot developers.

I suspect that they already know that the method of color selection is
not as powerful as it could be, so you might want to ask them how you
can help improve the situation rather than say that you are surprised
that gnuplot does not support what you see as essential.  Saying
things like that can make it seem like you think the people who are
working on the software that you are using for free (and freely) must
be idiots for not recognizing the importance of implementing the thing
that you want.

Thanks,

jwe

This would be looking at the glass as half-empty. It rather meant that I find gnuplot so satisfying on so many aspects that I was surprised that this aspect has not been dealt with. Which of course does not mean at all that I criticise the way gnuplot is developped...

But I should not disturb you any further and will indeed ask this question on the gnuplot mailing list...

Best etc...

Julien