Re: doubt in plot

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: doubt in plot
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:08:48 -0700

The text in plot.m probably needs to be updated. I've already reported that
different numbers were required to give specific symbols between octave
2.1.46/gnuplot 3.8 and octave 2.1.71/gnuplot 4.0.

The numbers that specify the color have not changed and are :
1=red, 2 = green, 3 = blue, 4 = magenta, 5 = cyan, 6 = brown.

The numbers that specify the symbol are now
1 = +, 2 = x, 3 = *, 4 = open square, 5 = open diamond, 6 = open triangle.

The above is to be used as in "@11" = red color, + symbol.

When I used symbols directly instead of numbers to get the symbols, I found
that:
* gave an open triangle, + gave an x, o gave a +, x gave an open square. I
could not test "house" and "there exists" because I don't know what these
symbols are either.

As per text in one of the files that plot.m calls, there is a further
complication because the above changes again when plotting directly to a
PostScript file (see below). The above was tested using AquaTerm.
Henry
>From __pltopt__.m:
## @example
## Number ------ Color -------  Line Style      ---- Points Style ----
##        x11       postscript  postscript      x11         postscript
##   1    red       green       solid           "o"         "+"
##   2    green     blue        long dash       "+"         "x"
##   3    blue      red         short dash     square       "*"
##   4    magenta   magenta     dotted          "x"        open square
##   5    cyan      cyan        dot long dash  triangle    filled square
##   6    brown     yellow      dot short dash  "*"         "o"
#