Wiki Wavelab

From: Ken Simpson
Subject: Wiki Wavelab
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:20:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hi - I've install Wavelab under Octave 2.1.70

        http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?WavelabOnOctave

and ran the following example (lifted from the above URL and modified
slightly)

        octave:2> img = imread('/home/ken/images/lena256.jpg');
        octave:3> qmf = MakeONFilter('Symmlet',8);
        octave:4> [n,J] = dyadlength(img);
        octave:5> wc = FWT2_PO(img,J-1,qmf);
        octave:5> imshow(wc)

using the recommended fix for the reverse.m problem by P.Kienzle,
namely,

        dispatch("reverse","Wavelab_reverse","matrix");

It appeared to worked in the sense the forward transformation generated
the image I expecetd, however, when I attempted the inverse transformation

        octave:6> img = IWT2_PO(wc,J-1,qmf);
        octave:7> imshow(img)

it appears to be executing the forward wavelet transform on img instead
of the inverse.

Has anyone else used this package?

Am I doing the inverse transformation correctly?

Does the fix (an alternate solution to the reverse.m problem) by L. Jacques
work?

Is this the right mailing list to be asking Wiki related questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Ken