re: re: bicubic spline interpolation in octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: re: re: bicubic spline interpolation in octave
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:25:22 -0400

On 18-Jul-2005, Hoxide Ma wrote:

| Second, I am worry about these codes' copyright , and
| try to rewrite all codes. But i learned the bicubic
| arithmetic from the codes which was wrote in Matlab.

Then it seems it would be difficult for you to provide an
implementation that does not infringe on the MathWorks copyright.

When writing code for Octave, you should not refer to non-free code,
even for ideas about how to implement something.  If you do, then it
is much more likely that your code will be infringing.  The Octave
project cannot risk having code that violates the license or copyright
of non-free software.

jwe