Re: SPM2

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: SPM2
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:39:01 -0400

On 18-Jul-2005, Nathan Weisz wrote:

| don't know if anybody answered your question yet.
| As far as I know from other colleagues (I'm not an fMRI guy myself),
| SPM relies heavily on GUIs and I don't think it's possible to "port"
| them.

Yes, currently most Matlab handle graphics functions are not
implemented in Octave, but there is some work going on to implement
that functionality.  Please see the recent thread "handle graphics"
on the maintainers list.

| Most functions that only do some calculation should run however
| with minor (or no if you're lucky) changes.

If you do have to make changes, please report the changes you have to
make so that we might consider fixing the incompatibilities.

Thanks,

jwe