Re: finding .m files using 'locate'

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: finding .m files using 'locate'
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:17:21 -0700

Thank you. I'm beginning to understand. It implies that a fink installation
makes it easier to find octave and octave-forge .m files.

What is the difference between locate and find? If both are to be used in
the terminal window why would I use locate, which requires the data base to
be brought up to date, when find will do the same thing all the time?
Henry