Re: octave & octave-forge install instructions for Mac OS X 10.4.x

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: octave & octave-forge install instructions for Mac OS X 10.4.x
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:07:47 +0300

I am unsure if OSX supports links, but if it does than both of you would probably be better off by linking .bash_profile to .bashrc, this way would ensure that these files are identical and you won't have to remember to update them both. i.e.

rm .bash_profile
ln -s .bashrc .bash_profile

Shai

Henry F. Mollet wrote:
Thanks. Now it works in X11/xterm.
Henry
henry-f-mollets-emac:~ hfm$ cat .bash_profile
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export PATH
export GNUTERM=aqua
export DISPLAY=:0.0

henry-f-mollets-emac:~ hfm$ pico .bashrc
# copy/paste above and save with help of pico editior
henry-f-mollets-emac:~ hfm$ cat .bashrc
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export PATH
export GNUTERM=aqua