Re: octave & octave-forge install instructions for Mac OS X 10.4.x

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: octave & octave-forge install instructions for Mac OS X 10.4.x
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:16:30 -0500

Henry,

On Jul 2, 2005, at 1:00 PM, Henry F. Mollet wrote:

I used X11 and tried to run octave and gnuplot in the X11/xterm terminal. Octave worked but would not plot because it now could not find gnuplot. Then
I opened gnuplot and I could do a plot.

I must also have to set the path someplace for both octave and gnuplot
because I had to use /urs/local/bin/octave or gnuplot to open these
applications in the xterm terminal.
Henry

This is a known issue with Apple's xterm. By default it seems not to read your .bash_proflie. I usually do a

bash --login

to force things to be read in.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula                               Webmaster

        The Huntsville Macintosh Users Group
                    www.hmug.org

webmaster at hmug dot org    marius at schamschula dot com