Re: OT: visualizing 3D data

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: OT: visualizing 3D data
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:48:06 +0200

On Venerdì, lug 1, 2005, at 13:00 Europe/Rome, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

I am using octave to analyze data related to 3D surfaces.  The results
are sets of points on those surfaces.  I would like to visualize my
results.

I've thought of using povray to draw lots of little balls whose
aggregate would look like a point cloud on a surface.  This should
work, but maybe is the hard way.

Anyone have any other suggestions of routes I should explore?

Thanks much.

--
 Jeff

Do you know about OpenDX?

http://www.opendx.org

I have some scripts that export data from octave
to dx format but they are made for finite element meshes,
not for scattered points.
Regards,
carlo