Re: 1274 touch main/sparse/NOINSTALL

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 1274 touch main/sparse/NOINSTALL
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:41:45 -0500

mike baginski wrote:

Hello Octave help group,

Some of my associates at the Alabama Super Computer Center have been trying to get octave-forge installed on an Altix machine. They have been able to compile and run most installations, but are having difficulty with the sparse solver. The message they sent me is included below. If anyone knows the reason for this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike,

As Bill said, don't install the sparse stuff in octave-forge and use octave 2.9.3, this is appropriate as you have a 64-bit platform, and the 2.9.x series has introduced 64-bit support. The 64-bit is still under work, and is missing a couple of features but seems fairly stable where it is complete.

However for the image, statistics and comm toolboxes the information you supplied is insufficent to diagnose the cause of the problems. What is needed is the build log, with compile errors. I'm particularly interested in the build errors for the comm toolbox as that one is mine :-)

Cheers
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary