Pointers data type in Octave to handle data structures

From: Guillaume Schatz
Subject: Pointers data type in Octave to handle data structures
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:17:36 +0200

Hi,

I want to implement a set of functions to perform data acquisitions using my own hardware. I want to use handle to have a reference to my hardware like the following instructions in Matlab

handle = analogInput('nidaq','1');
data = getData(handle);

Do you know how to use pointers in octave C++ files such as

DEFUN_DLD(getData,args, ,"...")
{
  handleType *myHandle;
  myHandle = args(0).???
  pthread_mutex_lock(&(myHandle->myMutex));
}

I really need a pointer to this structure to manage my different threads.

Thank you for your help

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Schatz