Re: How do I uninstall Octave?

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: How do I uninstall Octave?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:43:01 +0800

Keith Goodman wrote:
On 6/18/05, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

On 18-Jun-2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

[snipped]

$ ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --prefix=/usr/local/octave/2.9.3

But before I can do that I need to remove all of Octave. I guess I'll
uninstall 2.1.69 with apt-get and then remove anything outside my home
directory with Octave in it. Then start over.

Since you seem to be using debian, there is an alternative that you may want to try.

Install the checkinstall package which can create a debian package for you when you do a "make install" -- just use "checkinstall make install" instead. You can then install it in the usual debian way.

Regards,
ST