Re: How do I uninstall Octave?

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: How do I uninstall Octave?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:05:06 -0700

On 6/18/05, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 18-Jun-2005, Keith Goodman wrote:
>
> | I would like to completely remove Octave 2.9.2 and the corresponding
> | Octave-Forge. Do I just
> |
> | # rm -r /usr/local/share/octave/2.9.2
> | # rm -r /usr/local/libexec/octave/2.9.2
>
> That doesn't get the stuff in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/include or
> probably some other directories.
>
> If you are not using a package system and you want to be able to
> easily remove a complete version of Octave (or any other package that
> you install from source), then something like
>
>   --prefix=/usr/local/octave/2.9.2
>
> works well. Then you can just remove the complete
> /usr/local/octave/2.9.2 directory tree and you're done.

That's good to know. I'll start using

$ ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --prefix=/usr/local/octave/2.9.3

But before I can do that I need to remove all of Octave. I guess I'll
uninstall 2.1.69 with apt-get and then remove anything outside my home
directory with Octave in it. Then start over.