Re: bug in configure script?

From: Aakash S Dalwani
Subject: Re: bug in configure script?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:31:58 -0500

On 6/17/2005, "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 17-Jun-2005, Aakash S Dalwani wrote:
>
>|     Since I wanted to use the intel compilers icc & ifort I used the
>| following
>| configure command:
>| /configure --prefix=/home/aakash/octave/ --enable-64 --with-f77 CXX=icc
>| CC=icc F77=ifort FFLAGS="-i8 -O"
>|
>|     Strangely though configure selected f77 as the Fortran compiler, not
>| ifort as one would expect, a bug in autoconf??
>
>I'm fairly sure this is not a bug in autoconf.  It could be a bug in
>Octave's configure script, but I think you can easily avoid the
>problem by just specifying F77=ifort and NOT using --with-f77.

    You are right. My mistake, shouldn't have used "--with-f77".

But just specifying F77=ifort gives the following:
"checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... unknown
configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails"

Any work around for this? (hence copying to the help list)

Regards,
--
Aakash