octave-forge on Mac OS X 10.4 - help please

From: David Collett
Subject: octave-forge on Mac OS X 10.4 - help please
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:57:57 -0700

Hi.

Are there any members of this list who would be willing to help me to get octave-forge up and running on a Mac OS X 10.4.1?

I've tried downloading/installing the binary pkg. It failed.

Yesterday, I used Fink to install octave-forge. It compiled for over FIVE hours. When it finally finished, it said that the compile failed. Once again, octave-forge wasn't installed.

I'm not sure what's going on or what to do.

I'd appreciate anyone's help very much. Thanks!

You can write to me offline if you prefer. When (and if) we get octave-forge installed and working on my system, I'll then write a post with step-by-step instructions that perhaps will help someone else in the future.

David Collett
address@hidden