Re: input_event_hook (?) freezes input

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: input_event_hook (?) freezes input
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:30:38 -0400

On 14-Jun-2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

| Is there already a plan for an Octave API that would make it easier
| for someone to develop a full-featured IDE?

Not that I know of.

| If not, should we start documenting what it should look like?

If you are thinking of GUI things, then that is part of the reason for
having the address@hidden mailing list.  OTOH, that list is
nearly dead, so the maintainers list is also a fine place for
discussing things like this and other future directions.

| As soon as a good IDE is ready, I'm calling The Mathworks to cancel my
| maintenance contracts.

If you do that (or perhaps even before doing that) perhaps you will
consider supporting the Octave project in some way?  And yes, your bug
reports are a contribution to the project, but they don't help fund
the work it takes to fix the bugs.

jwe