Re: setdiff: Octave <-> Matlab

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: setdiff: Octave <-> Matlab
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:02:48 -0400

Octave-forge has setdiff.  If you do some replacements:

    unique(x) -> unique(x,'rows')
    sort(x) -> sortrows(x)
    a(x)==b(y) -> all(a(x,:) == b(y,:),2)

it should do what you need.

Please send a patch once you get it working, and once you have some test cases demonstrating it. Some of the other set functions (e.g., intersect) also need extending to handle rows.

Thanks,

        - Paul