Re: How do I just load (read) a file? (beginner's question)

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: How do I just load (read) a file? (beginner's question)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:33:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, David Collett wrote:

I followed a combination of all your suggestions. I renamed the file with a '.m' extension, then I put it in my:

/sw/share/octave/site/m/    folder

(although I'm sure that's not the best place to keep my own files!)

I will follow Henry's advice and look at my LOADPATH file once I figure out what it all means! I assume by modifying this file I could then have octave look for my files anywhere I choose, right?

If you have installed octave-forge (source is downloadable from http://octave.sf.net/ ), you can use addpath to add to LOADPATH, but a simple way to do it is just to do the following:

LOADPATH = [LOADPATH '/path/you/want/to/add']

You can find more on LOADPATH at http://www.octave.org/doc/octave_14.html#SEC103

Bill

--
Angular momentum makes the world go round.  -- unknown