Octave optimisation for 64 bit ??

From: Phil Preston
Subject: Octave optimisation for 64 bit ??
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 01:11:02 -0500

Hi

we are looking at moving from Matlab on Win2000 to Octave on a 64 bit
Linux for some image analysis works.

Is octave already optimised or 64 bit systems ?

Someone said Octave gives a 10-20% speed boost on 32 bit systems.
(but can you trust someone ?)

Is it possible/easy to reconfigure Octave to take advantage of 64 bit
systems ?
Is it worth the effort ?

thanks in advance, now I'll go read the manual some more in case the
answer is in there

phil
--
Phil Preston <address@hidden>